Recipe Bucatini all`Amatriciana
As low as €1.44
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 350 gr of Bucatini De Cecco pasta
- 300 gr of Tomatoes Datterini Mutti
- 80 gr of cheek lard or bacon in dices (pancetta)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove garlic
- Crushed Red Pepper to Sicily Le Speziate Colfiorito
- 3 spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pietra Colombina
- 3 spoons of Italian sheep cheese Pecorino Romano or Parmigian cheese.
- Kitchen Salt Italkali as nedded
RECIPE BUCATINI ALL`AMATRICIANA
Amatrice, a tiny city in the region of Lazio, is the place where the amatriciana sauce was originally made.
- Casserole aprox 22 cm height
- Pan aprrox 20 cm diameter
Approx 30 minutes
- Finely dice onion and garlic;
- Brown the cheek lard dices in a spoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Carappelli Nobile; and keep them a part.
- In the same pan where you cooked the cheek lard dices, add the remaining Oil, onion, garlic and Whole Peppers; Cook them slightly, but don`t let them brown. Add the cheek lard dices, Tomatoes Datterini Mutti and season with a hint of Kitchen Salt Italkali.
- Leave the tomato simmer over medium heat and reduce until nicely thickened for about 20 minutes.
- Bring the pot of water with to boil for Bucatini De Cecco and cook `al dente` for 12 minutes. Salt water right before adding pasta. Drain Bucatini, add them to the tomato sauce and evenly toss to coat.
- Add some grated Italian sheep cheese (pecorino) and…Buon appetito!
Hints: Alternatively to Bucatini you may use Sedani Rigati Barilla or Rigatoni Barilla.